They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day! You can’t go wrong with these healthy and kid-friendly banana oat pancakes featuring potassium-rich bananas. It’s a breakfast recipe you and the kids are sure to love.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk, or other milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Coconut oil or a neutral oil, for cooking
- Combine the first eight ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Brush a small amount of oil on a griddle or non-stick skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add 1/3 cup pancake batter to the griddle. Cook until small bubbles form and the pancake puffs up, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining batter.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup or your other favorite toppings!